Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Goal of Life

Do we have a goal in life that we have to accomplish? I mean, come on, let's recognize it, we all are going to die, sooner or later. What happens when we die? I don't know, but that is not my point. My point is: "Is there something that I and you have to do before we die?" I mean, although I don't know what happens after we die, I don't think it is the end, I don't think our being disappears just like that. It might get through a transformation, or it will be "transferred" somewhere well, but we don't disappear. The question is: is there something in this life that can influence what happens when we die?

I tried many things, I hoped many things, but nothing happened. I feel that everything I do is in vain. Nothing happens! But then I realized that maybe I don't have to actively look after something, because the fact that I am looking after something, might create this hope for now, and the illusion later that I did it, I found it. But then it is just an illusion in my mind. Or a consolation at least, that I've done everything I could, and how can I be wrong? Wrong is the root of the idea itself. I need to stop for something. I need to stop creating illusion. I don't need to do anything. Just be, watch, breath, sleep. Melt into life.

No comments: